Pages

In The Sun (JONNY)


Today our Media class had a project to reconstruct the music video 'In The Sun' by SHE AND HIM. We had already drawn out the story boards and decided on locations so we had the majority of the day to film and then to edit the piece. We split in to two groups with each group doing half of the video.

 I found this to be a good learning experience for when I attempt my A2 coursework next year. Something which I used today for the first time was a tracking dolly which I found to be very effective, and is something I may consider using in the future. The dificuilties we faced with this production were very diferent to those we faced when filming our AS coursework. This is because many of the problems were to do with timings of the music and lip synching. When I produce my A2 project I will write greater detailed storyboards and use a larger music system when filming. Hopefully this will help prevent some problems however I am sure we may still face some dificulties. I hope to avoid these problems by taking multiple takes of each scene to ensure that only the best image and lip synch is used. 'In The Sun' is a very fast paced song which was easy to make cuts and scene changes to. I plan to find a song with a similar tempo inorder to have the same ease with editing. My use of final cut (the editing software) at the moment is limited however like Imovie I hope to develop my skills as time goes on. I found this experience really useful and it has got me really excited to start the project in September!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Sample text

Blogroll

About

Sample Text